Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO with Dent in Liftgate? Do I Proceed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good plan.
I think I'm going to bow out of this one...there are other CPO's out there and I can't wait 6-8 weeks. And the repaint scares me.
I may try to take the photo of the dent to a local paintless dent removal and see what they say.
good idea to try dentless repair. I'm in camp that says NO paint unless you have to. It never matches. It will take 6 weeks and you will always notice a slight difference in hue. If the paint less guy can do it, you will never know there was damage. Make sure he knows it is aluminum and make sure he is experienced working with aluminum. Much more difficult than steel.

Awaiting word from PDR tech on whether he can fix that dent....

As I wait, there is another, similar CPO out there but it has 45k miles. Also 6k less in price.

Is 45k miles pushing the limit for buying a CPO? I mean, if this were an ICE, no way, but with a Tesla...
You still have quite a bit of wear on a conventional suspension, HVAC and other items common to both an ICE and Tesla.

Awaiting word from PDR tech on whether he can fix that dent....

As I wait, there is another, similar CPO out there but it has 45k miles. Also 6k less in price.

Is 45k miles pushing the limit for buying a CPO? I mean, if this were an ICE, no way, but with a Tesla...
You still have quite a bit of wear on a conventional suspension, HVAC and other items common to both an ICE and Tesla.

Since your shopping Lud P85D cars, those might be pretty hard 45k miles to so the battery could take a lot of beating along with the interior. I am trying to stay 30k and under.