Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cpo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the very end of 2014 AP1 became available when tesla launched the dual motor cars that fall. All D cars have AP. A small group of 2014 non D cars also have AP. The cars detail list should say autopilot hardware. I recently purchased my 2014 85, w AP hardware. You can not tell if the car has AP by serial number alone. It's odd but at the end of 2014 some cars did and others did not. My s/n is 55861, I have seen s/n several thousand vin numbers higher than mine that did not have AP.
AP is awesome and I wouldn't get a car without it if you do highway driving.
Best of luck on your search.

So on the warranty theres a 4 yr 50k miles, is this on top of what it already has? And also theres a 2 yrs 100k miles but this one is for total miles right? Why is there 2 different ones?

For the 4yr/50k, it's on top of the existing age and miles of the car. For the 2yr/100k it's 2 years or 100,000 total miles (not additional). I think higher mileage cars (maybe older as well?) tend to get the second warranty type.

AP1 shipped in the last week of Sept 14. I was one of the very first cars to get it completely for free, on 10-1-14.

I will say that I have become disappointed. It used to to work flawlessly in the second SW update. It is worse now and I have no idea why. Quite disconcerting.

PS: the build quality of mine was really excellent. I have seen so many not-so-great reports since.

FWIW, it's not drivetrain warranty. Just drive unit. Doesn't include axles, even though i think it should.

Pass it along.., "Hey Tesla, make the "drive unit" warranty a full drivetrain warranty!!"

Last edited: