TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CPO's are Back

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Thomas Allen, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Thomas Allen

Thomas Allen Member

I received a substantial list of CPO's available in the southeast yesterday, and paid my deposit on one today. Model S's priced from the mid $40,000's up. Check with your Pre Owned Advisor.

2. dalamchops

dalamchops Member

why don't you post the list up?

3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nice. So far ev-cpo lists, of the 415 entries, just one in the $70s: http://ev-cpo.com/

4. Thomas Allen

Thomas Allen Member

#4 Thomas Allen, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
    [Mod note: dated info removed by request]

• Informative x 2
  5. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Meh. Majority of those are 60s. That 85 for $35100 with almost 100k miles...o_O

6. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I wonder if these will all make it into the CPO program with the CPO warranty? I had heard there was a list of "as is" cars out there as well.

That 85 for $35k is a great deal if it comes with the CPO warranty

7. Jo-

Jo- Member

Cars with 60K+ miles will be sold as-is, or so I'm told. Thanks for posting that...now I'm even more anxious...

8. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Pretty sure there was a mileage cap to be considered eligible for CPO. Don't remember number but think it was like 50k? Highly doubt that one would be CPO.

9. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Although... Even with that high of mileage, that 85 it still has lots of years on the battery and drive train warranty. $35k saves a lot of extra cash for out of warranty door handles, 12v batteries, etc.

Damn you Tesla and your temptations.

<repeats to self> "Az_Rael is going to be a good girl and wait for her Model 3"

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. No2DinosaurFuel

No2DinosaurFuel Active Member

Tempting I might just pick up the 85 for 35K. Sell it when the model 3 comes out. But the no warranty makes me want to hold back especially when the car is 2013. I would not hesitate if it was a 2014, but I hear the 2012 and 2013s have has a long list of issues. For a car without warranty and known to have problems, I think I am going to pass.

11. BEEZR

BEEZR Member

Did you ask for just red/white/silver cars or is this what is available?

12. BEEZR

BEEZR Member

• Like x 2
  13. Thomas Allen

Thomas Allen Member

I only requested those colors, so there must be many more cars available.

• Like x 1
  14. slipsnlide21

slipsnlide21 New Member

Who did you speak to in order to get the list? I called my local store and no one seems to know about it.

15. BEEZR

BEEZR Member

There should be a Pre-Owned Advisor for your region -- they work for Tesla corporate. The local store should know who the contact is for your area.

16. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

Also appears the search was limited to East Coast. Thanks for posting. Hopefully others will do the same until the flood gates are opened.

17. Jo-

Jo- Member

They just need to put them online already. I feel silly emailing/calling people trying to find some magical list of cars. I don't get frustrated easily, but yes, it's a little frustrating.

• Like x 2
  18. cab

cab Member

I have to admit some of those 60s in the low 40s are attractive compared to all of the other EV/PHEV options at that price point. I mean a loaded up Audi A3 E-tron sits on top of that number after rebate and a BMW 330e would likely be even more money. Yes, the 60 would likely be of modest use on long trips in Texas, but still, I could probably live with a 43K "in town/suburban" car...its a shame I am a performance junky. ;>

19. Fusion

Fusion Member

I noticed most of those inventory finders are not too great. Don't seem to list everything that the Advisors have. It does suck to hound after them for a list of cars.

20. kwjayhawk

kwjayhawk Member

What with this do to the private party sale? I really like that 85 even the high mileage doesn't scare me, however I wonder what a private party sale would be after this "flood" appears. Might be another way to save some more money toward ancillary repairs.