Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem with Private sales is they all think their Model S is worth more than it is. They forget that their "upgrades" when they first purchased the car are not worth as much when reselling. It's good for the buyer with the CPOs but I feel bad for the private sellers who ask close or more of a CPO car with no warranty.

Reactions: BEEZR
Tempting I might just pick up the 85 for 35K. Sell it when the model 3 comes out. But the no warranty makes me want to hold back especially when the car is 2013. I would not hesitate if it was a 2014, but I hear the 2012 and 2013s have has a long list of issues. For a car without warranty and known to have problems, I think I am going to pass.
Where can you find a $35K MS?? I've been looking everyday, I must suck at searching.

I noticed most of those inventory finders are not too great. Don't seem to list everything that the Advisors have. It does suck to hound after them for a list of cars.

The inventory finders are just scraping Tesla's site and consolidating. The cars in the list in this thread are not loaded into Tesla's public-facing site... Apparently there are quite a few and Tesla doesn't want to sell them on their own site, for some reason.

Ok...I see it. Question would be: Is it safe to assume based on prices listed on the list, that this time (spring)next year a High mile 85, Tech, no Air Susp., would be in the $35-40K range. For that amount I would also take the plunge even if non-CPO. My assumption (I know...dont assume!) is that as deliveries of Mod X increase, inventory of older MS will also increase.

Just put a security deposit on a 2012 P85
45k miles
pano roof
rear facing seats
studio audio
active suspension
powered liftgate
black exterior
black / carbon interior

$52,400.

I have 72 hours to make sure I don't see a better car. I'm not seeing anything on CPO consolidator or Tesla inventory search though. I'm totally happy with my choice, but still want to keep an eye out anyway.

Reactions: cdub
Pretty sure there was a mileage cap to be considered eligible for CPO. Don't remember number but think it was like 50k? Highly doubt that one would be CPO.
My advisor told me that the round of cars to be released soon will all by 45k miles and above. They won't have the clearance to sell lower mileage cars for awhile.

Dealer loaners for the Model X?

45k miles
pano roof
rear facing seats
studio audio
active suspension
powered liftgate
black exterior
black / carbon interior

Forgot other items....just so you guys can better assess what's on market
Twin chargers (but only installed 50 amp power in the house)
Supercharging
Tech package
21 inch wheels (didn't want, but the car was about $8k less than I expected, and that buys a lot of tires)

$52,400.

I have 72 hours to make sure I don't see a better car. I'm not seeing anything on CPO consolidator or Tesla inventory search though. I'm totally happy with my choice, but still want to keep an eye out anyway.

My advisor told me that the round of cars to be released soon will all by 45k miles and above. They won't have the clearance to sell lower mileage cars for awhile.

Dealer loaners for the Model X?

My view is until the inventory cars gets cleared, I don't think you'll see any recent/low mileage CPOs. And at the rate the inventory is going, the CPOs will be competing with the model 3.

My view is until the inventory cars gets cleared, I don't think you'll see any recent/low mileage CPOs. And at the rate the inventory is going, the CPOs will be competing with the model 3.

That actually makes sense. With 400k Model 3 reservations, it could be years before they fulfill all the demand. But if they have thousands of MS CPOs ready to go in the 40's, it could be a good option for those further down the list.

Reactions: Fiver
That actually makes sense. With 400k Model 3 reservations, it could be years before they fulfill all the demand. But if they have thousands of MS CPOs ready to go in the 40's, it could be a good option for those further down the list.
True, but from a business standpoint it doesn't make much sense to hold onto all that inventory for so long. The cars continue to depreciate. They hopefully aren't taking trades at high value and selling CPO for a loss....

With that amount of mileage, you would th
45k miles
pano roof
rear facing seats
studio audio
active suspension
powered liftgate
black exterior
black / carbon interior

$52,400.

Curious, is this truly a CPO car or just used (as-is)? Can you tell us last 5 numbers of the VIN?