TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

CQuartz Finest looks amazing!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by leighb, Aug 1, 2016.

1. leighb

leighb Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Palm Desert, CA
    image.jpeg image.jpeg First, thanks so so many of you who have shared your Tesla stories and tips. I started reading the forums prior to purchasing my MS and your advice is invaluable.

I received by Model S on July 7th, only four and a half weeks after placing my order.
    Model S 60
    Obsidian Black Metalic
    Dark Ask Wood Decor
    Black Next Gen Seats
    Black Alcantara
    Premium Upgrades Package
    Panoramic Roof

I love the car and being the most expensive vehicle I have owned, I though I better take some precautions with the paint. I have had black cars before and always loved them despite the swirls from the automated car wash and twice a year details as well as the sand damage from the harsh desert environment in which I live. I read in the forums that the Tesla paint is "soft", most likely due to CA regulations so I did quite a bit of research on CQuartz, OptiCoat, and Xpel.

I read a recommendation on one of the forums from someone that lives in my area that went to California Reflection in Cathedral City and was very happy with the OptiCoat they did. I decided to call James and get a quote and his opinion on which product to go with. He was very professional and went over all of my options, including products that he does not use in his shop. For example, he recommended an Xpel wrap on the front of the car to protect from paint chips. As it turns out, our local Xpel shop closed its doors that day so I would have had to go out of town for this option, so perhaps in the future. I decided to go with CQuartz Finest because it had a glass like finish that makes my black paint look spectacular! Overall, this was a better product for the desert environment and will help protect my paint from swirls, scratches, sand and sun.

Ten days has passed since the CQuartz Finest was applied. Being fully cured, I washed my car for the first time this morning (using the 2 bucket ore automated car washes). It looks incredible! I am so happy with the outcome and will most certainly be returning to James at California Reflection for my details and yearly CQuartz Reload to keep up the beautiful finish. I love the glassy finish that shines and reflects the clouds.

For all that are on the fence, the pictures might help you make up your mind. For those that live in the Coachella Valley, I highly recommend California Relflection. I would not have found this company without this forum so want to pay it forward to all of you.
    • Like x 2