TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cquartz Finest - number of layers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Jingenior, May 4, 2015.

1. Jingenior

Jingenior New Member

Hello,

I am thinking about having Cquatz finest on my new car and am wondering how many layers I should get.

Some advise 1 layer, others say 2 is the standard ?
    I am not trying to get crazy and have the maximum but I do want a nice result so I am looking for your help,

Thanks

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have CQ and am very, very happy with it. I got two layers in Oct '14. I am about to do a "recharge", which is a quick freshening, not that the rain has stopped in CA.

3. ra-san

ra-san Member

My understanding is that any legit installer will do two as it is required for the warranty to apply. Some do three, but the improvement is incremental at best. I'm not an installer, not do I play one on TV, but that's what I seem to recall hearing from other installers.

If they offer to do one, I'd expect it'd only be based on price pressure and wouldn't be warrantied, nor would they want to advertise it as their work.

4. Jingenior

Jingenior New Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this ''newbie'' question.

I will definitely try to have 2.

Thanks,
    J

5. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast

CQF installers are to install 2 layers. If they install more it would be optional.

Imho, 2 layers is perfectly sufficient.