Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CR full test of Model 3 - falls short on recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have yet to see a single owner who complains about the lack of physical buttons

I'm a new owner of an M3 and I'll readily complain about the lack of physical buttons. It's one thing to be tapping a screen while the car is motionless, but much different when a car is moving at 60 mph over uneven terrain. (Hint: the hand/finger bounces up and down with the bumps in the road. Not so easy to hit those tiny tap points.)

Plus, I would guess that the scroll wheels may not last long -- pushing the left wheel hard to the right to change the radio station puts a lot of stress on it says this non-engineer. (not to mention it doesn't work all the time.)

Just my opinion. (off to don my flame-retardant suit.)

I'm a new owner of an M3 and I'll readily complain about the lack of physical buttons. It's one thing to be tapping a screen while the car is motionless, but much different when a car is moving at 60 mph over uneven terrain. (Hint: the hand/finger bounces up and down with the bumps in the road. Not so easy to hit those tiny tap points.)

Plus, I would guess that the scroll wheels may not last long -- pushing the left wheel hard to the right to change the radio station puts a lot of stress on it says this non-engineer. (not to mention it doesn't work all the time.)

Just my opinion. (off to don my flame-retardant suit.)

And I'll repeat what I've said before that Tesla should prioritize adding voice commands. For example the new button that lets you select between different media (i.e. Radio, Streaming) is a nice enhancement but why not also just add voice commands to do the same thing? The potential to reduce tapping on the screen while driving is significant.

Reasonable CR youtube on the situation.

Published on May 23, 2018
Consumer Reports has revealed that it would not be recommending the Tesla Model 3, in part due to poor braking performance. In response, Tesla CEO, Elon Musk agreed to meet with Jake Fisher, CR Auto Test Director, to talk [for about an hour regarding] our findings and discuss immediate updates Tesla might make. Hear all about that exclusive conversation this week on Talking Cars.

• Informative
Reactions: xav-