Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crack and polish marks remain after windscreen chip repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had a windscreen chip repaired at a local garage. After the repair the pit was gone but the accompanying small crack was still visible (I can appreciate that this may be inevitable as the resident would be unable to enter the crack).

However in addition I noticed that in sunlight, polish marks are still visible in the area around the repair.

What would other people do here? On the one hand the remaining crack (which presumably is stabilised) would not on its own perhaps merit replacement of the whole windscreen, but the polish marks now seem to be permanent and quite obtrusive. Am I likely to be covered in insurance to replace the screen given that the (included) chip repair has been not only ineffective but also damaging?

You can get your windscreen replaced anytime you like as long as your willing to pay the excess, so nothing has really changed there.

If you have a repair excess, then a failed repair should mean a refund of that to go towards the replacement.

As Alex has said, go back to the place let them take a look at it. They might be able to improve things so that you are happy with it.