Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crack on Model 3 roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was driving to work yesterday and saw a crack in my roof. Thought it was water streaming back at first…

When I got there realised there was a tiny chip about 2 inches from front, that had moved all the way forward, and back about 15 inches.

Anyone got experience with this? Guessing won’t be done under warranty, but will insurance help?
I’m with Churchill. Abroad at mo, so haven’t had a chance to speak to them or Tesla yet, but interested in other peoples experience before I do, as guessing a new one will be pricey!

Many thanks.

I've just had my roof glass replaced - work done at Tesla SC, as none of the usual glass companies could get stock - and Churchill agreed to cover the cost of it being done at Tesla, minus the normal glass excess (£75). You will have to pay it, and submit a paid invoice for them to reimburse you.

You will need to call them - DON'T follow the "if you're calling about windscreen/glass, please press 'x'" option, as that will just give the number for Autoglass - follow the "wish to make a new claim" option. They have a dedicated team for glass now, given the global shortages affecting several brands. You will need to send Churchill a quote from Tesla for the replacement, but that will automatically appear in the app a couple of days after making a service appointment.

Book a service appointment at least a couple of weeks ahead, as Churchill aren't the quickest to respond - took 7 weeks from crack to getting it fixed, and I had to reschedule the service twice because of that.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I've just had my roof glass replaced - work done at Tesla SC, as none of the usual glass companies could get stock - and Churchill agreed to cover the cost of it being done at Tesla, minus the normal glass excess (£75). You will have to pay it, and submit a paid invoice for them to reimburse you.

You will need to call them - DON'T follow the "if you're calling about windscreen/glass, please press 'x'" option, as that will just give the number for Autoglass - follow the "wish to make a new claim" option. They have a dedicated team for glass now, given the global shortages affecting several brands. You will need to send Churchill a quote from Tesla for the replacement, but that will automatically appear in the app a couple of days after making a service appointment.

Book a service appointment at least a couple of weeks ahead, as Churchill aren't the quickest to respond - took 7 weeks from crack to getting it fixed, and I had to reschedule the service twice because of that.
Thanks for that, just what I was after!