Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crack on the edge of the windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking for advise about a cracked Windshield. While on the highway a uncovered truck dumped a shower of gravel onto our model 3. Many paint chips and a direct hit to the windshield. Its right on the edge of the glass. Looks like the crack radiated from the hit to the edge of the glass. What do you think the damages are here? Can this be filled with resin? If it’s not repairable will it start to crack across the windshield?
DC0BA84E-B119-4F31-ACE9-F51DF09E914B.jpeg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I had a chip like this on the edge of the windshield on the drivers side. Within a couple of hours in the sun it spread 12 inches across the glass. So yes, see if they can repair it. Once it spreads it has to be replaced.

I do think you should get all cracks or chips address either by a spot repair, or glass replacement.
However;
I had this crack on the top(part of the back glass, not top middle) glass of my model 3.
This one never did spread any further than what you see here. Was there a while.
Still had it replaced, but it didn’t change from impact to replacement.
2E3A1D1E-8E78-40EC-9FDB-891FDB1B2501.jpeg

I do think you should get all cracks or chips address either by a spot repair, or glass replacement.
However;
I had this crack on the top(part of the back glass, not top middle) glass of my model 3.
This one never did spread any further than what you see here. Was there a while.
Still had it replaced, but it didn’t change from impact to replacement.
We had one long ass crack going pretty much all the way down the sides and on the lower (non visible) end of our windscreen that was perfectly fine otherwise for the better part of a year.

Reactions: M109Rider