Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked plastic mesh

akirtes

Jan 5, 2019
Cary
The plastic mesh at the bottom of the drivers side door of my Model 3 has a crack on it. I noticed it 2 weeks after delivery.

image3.jpeg

Why didnt I notice it earlier? Because it is easily possible to hide the crack by pressing on one side, until both sides click and the crack is hidden:

image2.jpeg

Then this is how it would look:

image1.jpeg

My claim is that this was how I received delivery and the reason why the crack went unnoticed.

Tesla refuses to cover this defect under warranty because it was reported later than 3 days after delivery.

Is this fair?

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
No it isn't. I found defects on my car weeks after delivery and they were repaired under warranty. I took delivery at the Tempe, AZ delivery center. I would press them to cover this defect.

C141medic

Apr 9, 2016
New Jersey
It’s possible it may have been cracked upon delivery. As a good will gesture, considering it was only 2 weeks after delivery, they should just replace it for you. I mean how much can that part really cost them?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC