Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked rear glass, service center won’t cover under warranty:m. Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear glass on my Model 3 recently started to crack, and there’s no impact crater/marks on the outside of the glass. The Service Center is saying it looks like glass is cracking in the shape of an impact mark, and that they won’t cover it under warranty.

What are my options at this point?

Attachments

• E8D9785C-0990-416C-99C5-D8ED6FBB384F.jpeg
    E8D9785C-0990-416C-99C5-D8ED6FBB384F.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 255
How about golf ball...That's it in the center near the end of the heating grid, right?
Agree, just go with your insurance, I think I was quoted $700 or so for the back glass, even though it's smaller than the top glass which just set my insurance back $1,200, mine was from a rock on the highway.

It looks like it was hit with a baseball to me, I can see why they think it was an impact. Your options are pay for it out of pocket, go through your insurance, or arbitrate against Tesla. I suggest insurance.
How about golf ball...That's it in the center near the end of the heating grid, right?
Agree, just go with your insurance, I think I was quoted $700 or so for the back glass, even though it's smaller than the top glass which just set my insurance back $1,200, mine was from a rock on the highway.

Tesla quoted me $834.

Can't really see the crack properly in that pic. It's really hard to make out what is the damaged glass and what is reflection.

Depending on what it really looks like, another option is glass repair. If you find an independent guy that is skilled at it, they can make these cracks almost disappear. And since it's on the back, you may not notice it at all.