Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Rear Part & Small Dent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! I have a crack along the panel that sits right above the wheel as seen in the picture. This piece just pops on and off very easily. Is it possible to get this part ordered without having to go through the headache of setting up service? Seems straight forward to do it myself. Any idea what this is going to run me?

Also, have a small dent where someone hit me and left. Material of the exterior does not feel like something that would make this easily poppable. Assuming I will need to get a body shop on this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpg
    IMG_5449.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5450.jpg
    IMG_5450.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 75
sorry to see that. you can order the fender "garnish" from tesla. it is not too expensive, i think less than $60. if you do a forum search for garnish, you'll get a better idea.

the dent on that rear bumper area is unfortunately wrapped around the "corner" of the metal rather than a flat panel (like a door). we have had similar on other cars and had pretty good results with paintless dent removal (PDR), but your results will vary based on the experience and skill of the person doing it. it is a fraction of the cost of a body shop, and can get you close to 95% "fixed" if you don't have paint damage. it also can be done at home or work and you wouldn't be out of a car for days/weeks. so i would look into local PDR experts that have worked on tesla aluminum and get an estimate before you consider the body shop route!