Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Roof...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looked up on this nice day and noticed this gem...roof glass cracked almost halfway across the glass. Started on the edge at a point high in the roof, so don't see how this could be from a rock chip. Any chance Tesla will cover this or am I screwed and need to foot the bill for the whole top glass.

Im not even sure if insurance will cover this, since I have glass coverage but I doubt it covers anything other than the front glass...

IMG_0488.jpgIMG_0489.jpg

Looked up on this nice day and noticed this gem...roof glass cracked almost halfway across the glass. Started on the edge at a point high in the roof, so don't see how this could be from a rock chip. Any chance Tesla will cover this or am I screwed and need to foot the bill for the whole top glass.

Im not even sure if insurance will cover this, since I have glass coverage but I doubt it covers anything other than the front glass...

View attachment 738404View attachment 738405
Not sure how a big chunk missing from the edge would not be diagnosed / identified as something striking it but a) that sucks and b) hope your insurance covers under glass, which presumably keeps deductible lower.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

View attachment 738404View attachment 738405
Should be covered by insurance under comprehensive coverage assuming you have it. Could be categorized as an act of nature (ie. something falling from a tree when parked) if that was the case.