Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Windshield in Toronto - Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new Model S has a fairly severely cracked windshield (the crack is about 1 metre long). The 'star' is right in the middle of the front facing camera area and it extends to the middle of both driver and passenger side. For some reason I don't fully understand, the autopilot feature still seems to be working fine (but I don't completely trust it).

I've now been waiting two months for a replacement windshield and have called the service centre 3 times, but it seems that the glass is backordered. Has anyone had a similar experience? The event occurred in mid-September, and I figured that they were all busy with the end of the quarter. Now we are in mid-November :-(

David

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and Falkirk
My new Model S has a fairly severely cracked windshield (the crack is about 1 metre long). The 'star' is right in the middle of the front facing camera area and it extends to the middle of both driver and passenger side. For some reason I don't fully understand, the autopilot feature still seems to be working fine (but I don't completely trust it).

I've now been waiting two months for a replacement windshield and have called the service centre 3 times, but it seems that the glass is backordered. Has anyone had a similar experience? The event occurred in mid-September, and I figured that they were all busy with the end of the quarter. Now we are in mid-November :-(

David
I had mine done last fall. In and out in a day. (I suspect I'll be in again sometime - I live on a gravel road). I don't think it will help going third party, as they have to get the glass from Tesla anyways....and I have the wiper de-icer with the winter package, and I'm not sure if I'd trust Apple or Speedy to figure it out.

Reactions: dj905
Mine cracked last January...replacement arrived in August. Wrong part number though, so back in the box it went. Haven't heard an update on a new ETA but with it being winter gravel season again, I don't mind waiting until spring now. I was just thinking today I should contact Vancouver to see if it's been forgotten about or just rescheduled on a non-rush basis.

Reactions: Footbag and dj905
Bad news for all of you still waiting.

I had my windshield replaced a few days ago, was ordered around 2-3 weeks ago. I was told the current wait time is 5-6 weeks now.

The service centre doesn't do it here, they referred me to Speedy Glass which did it just fine.

Interestingly enough though, the windshield is slightly different than my last one.

Mine cracked last January...replacement arrived in August. Wrong part number though, so back in the box it went. Haven't heard an update on a new ETA but with it being winter gravel season again, I don't mind waiting until spring now. I was just thinking today I should contact Vancouver to see if it's been forgotten about or just rescheduled on a non-rush basis.
I had the same issue... they ordered the wrong windshield. A bit concerning that the same service center would repeatedly make that mistake...

Just for reference, here is the stone impact location. I'm quite surprised that the autopilot still seems to work without any apparent issues.

IMG_1573.JPG

Reactions: Footbag