Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Windshield Not Allowing Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

So I ordered a Model X Plaid, paid the down payment back on May 22 and delivery was scheduled June 7. Two hours before scheduled delivery, they call me to say that my windshield is cracked and they need to get a replacement before they can deliver it. They tell me the next day that it should arrive June 11, but when I ask on June 11, they say that there is no estimated ETA on the windshield and there’s no further way to get an ETA and it could be next week or it could be months from now. So the car is sitting in the dealership with the cracked windshield. They can’t deliver it to me because they say it’s a safety issue.

Has this ever happened to someone? How long can it take, and is it true that there’s really no way for the dealership to find out more or estimate it?

They did offer me refund but obviously I would prefer to just get the car. But there is actually no ETA and I’m not sure if this is normal.

Thanks for any advice. This is in the Seattle area.

Just had my second replacement windshield installed. Only took a week from making the appointment to installation. I was shocked at how fast the whole process was.

I did ask if my windshield (2020 MX) was the same as the 2022 version and she said no, but it is revision "E" of the part number. So I'm on the 5th revision of existing parts. I was really hoping this one would be a little more Crack resistant. Sounds like I might still be hoping !!!

Good luck with your replacement. IMHO, it's a vehicle that's worth a little pain in the &$$. ( Or should I say......in the glass.......lol)