Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Windshield....Teslas fault?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Summon feature was not working on my Model S P100D. I took it to Tesla, they had to replace a bracket on the front camera which is on the windshield.

I haven't driven the car since Friday when I got it back, other than a few minutes here and there. Today I drive to the store, and POP - the windshield just cracks. No rocks, no nothing. Just literally cracks out of the blue.

I'm thinking this could be related.

Good luck. Unless there is an obvious issue with what they did during the repair Tesla most likely wont cover that. However, I had a windshield replaced under warrant for delamination. Look on the corners and edges and if you see excessive bubbles your glass is delaminating. I mentioned that this is a major safety concern and they replaced my windshield under warranty. Good luck.

My Summon feature was not working on my Model S P100D. I took it to Tesla, they had to replace a bracket on the front camera which is on the windshield.

I haven't driven the car since Friday when I got it back, other than a few minutes here and there. Today I drive to the store, and POP - the windshield just cracks. No rocks, no nothing. Just literally cracks out of the blue.

I'm thinking this could be related.

Good likelihood it is a stress fracture.

Time is of the essence though.

And, as other people have said, carefully inspect for stone damage.

In February a crack appeared in the windshield of our Model 3 while parked in the garage overnight. It wasn't impacted by anything. Two and a half weeks after reporting to dealer, told to call glass shop. Glass shop is having difficulty getting replacement though they tell me Tesla dealer has them but won't le them have one. I think this experience has been about the worst service I have ever encountered with an auto dealer. A moth and a half with a cracked windshield, still not repaired. I'm bothered both as an owner and as an investor. The WSJ has already printed an article uncomplimentary of Tesla quality. Tesla needs to watch out before the bloom is off the rose.