Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked windshield!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a good size crack in my windshield. It's an interesting story but I'll get into that later. It will need to be replaced. Do I need to go to anywhere special to get this done? I'm assuming whoever I go to will need to order a windshield from Tesla.

Oh no, the windshield is already cracked. Prior to commiting to a new windshield, perhaps you should try one of those fast chip repair shops in see in parking lots. I had one in my wife's new me and they did a pretty good job. I would recommend it, I am very pleased with the results.

Is there any possibility of your posting a photo of it, preferably with a coin or ruler for scale? I, for one, always am interested in those repairs, whether ultimately successful or futile.

Just had mine replaced at Toronto Tesla. The new cars with the cameras cost more. I was originally quoted $1600 plus tax. Was told non camera cars are $1200. When I picked it up it was $1530 all in. Service said the cost of the windshield has just dropped. Think the part alone was $860, rest was labor.

- - - Updated - - -

In response to your question, I believe any glass shop will have to get the windshield from Tesla. That was my expirence in Toronto.