Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracking speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late 2017 Model S 75 with the base stereo and recently started experiencing a "crackling" sound from the driver's side windshield pillar speaker (like bad AM reception), when the AC/fan is running but the sound is off! Really weird. It will go for a few seconds then stop. Tried to record it but no luck. Tried switching fan off and on, sound off and on, can't figure out any pattern. It did just come out of service for a AP 2.5 to FSD computer upgrade (I'm still on MCU1). I don't remember hearing it before the upgrade. Anybody experience something similar?

You might also experiment with enabling or disabling the voice navigation directions and volume control. I've had that sound from the drivers side speaker. I think it is interference from the phone in the compartment in the dash getting into that audio circuitry. The sound only comes out the driver side speaker. I believe the voice navigation directions also only come out the drivers speaker.

• Informative
Reactions: uspearls