TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

Crackling noise

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by MnInvsve, May 16, 2018.

1. 2beef1

2beef1 Member

Ok I haven't been able to find anyone else with the issue I am having so posting here. When playing music from my iPhone X (iTunes, Soundcloud, Spotify...) after 5-10 min of getting into my car the audio will crackle, cut out and then come back. While the audio is cut out, the blinkers dont make a sound when turned on until the audio returns. After the first time it happens it'll start to happen every 2-3 min till I get out of the car and walk away. I have tried every restart, disconnect, power off there is and nothing works. This has really hindered my music listening and wondering if anyone out there has the same issue?

2. zamboni98

zamboni98 New Member

I'm on 2018.42.3 and I hear audio crackling on the radio and bluetooth from the phone. So I don't think the source is the issue.

I have other audio issues that may or may not be related:
    * The radio will appear disabled. The radio station information will disappear and the text changes to grey instead of black. While in this mode, there is no sound at all. Typically stays off for 5-15 seconds. But once and a while it will stay off for close to a minute. Doesn't happen everytime. Maybe once a day.
    * As reported by many folks, the audio source is not consistent when you get in the car. I normally see the iphone/bluetooth mode, but that is probably not the source when I left the car. I haven't been able to figure out if there is some logic to this or if the system is just randomly selecting a source.

3. JBT66

JBT66 Member

I have this with Audible downloaded books, Slacker, Amazon Music both streaming or downloaded. 2018.42.4 :(