Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Craigslist ads for reservation "sales" - eight currently on So Cal Craigslist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And so it begins! I wonder if they make you show a marriage certificate if you claim a random person is your spouse lol.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 2.06.51 AM.png

Well if it is genuinely a family member, there is nothing to worry about right?

If it is not, then you'd be trying to exploit the system and I cannot understand why you would want to do that? And to seek feedback from the Model 3 community who will be affected by those people playing the system jumping the queue - that is not right is it? Not suggesting that is the case here.

Well if it is genuinely a family member, there is nothing to worry about right?

If it is not, then you'd be trying to exploit the system and I cannot understand why you would want to do that? And to seek feedback from the Model 3 community who will be affected by those people playing the system jumping the queue - that is not right is it? Not suggesting that is the case here.
You're missing my point - I have two day one, California, Tesla-existing-owner reservations of my own and I'm not selling them - you can't sell them or transfer them. My point, obviously, is to wonder how these jokers on Craigslist plan to "sell" their reservations since you have to be, AFAIK a spouse to get a transfer - even an uncle/cousin/grandparent doesn't qualify.

In California, at least, this would probably require paying sales tax twice. Once for the first buyer and then again for the second one. Our tax rates are as high as 10%.
Still profit to be had through claiming the federal tax credit if the first buyer gets the full amount and the second buyer is so far back in line they wouldn't have received anything anyways (not saying it's actually worth it to do this).

I have a reservation to buy a Chevy Bolt today. Posted an ad to sell my spot and no one responded. :(

That's because you don't need a reservation and you can just walk into a Bolt-certified dealership and buy one on the spot. Sorta like trying to sell pre-sale concert tickets when there are hundreds on Stubhub for a fraction of face value.

Not even sure if sales of this type of nature even works. I mean you can buy a home audio system out of someones van and get a box of rocks.

But at least you walk away with a box of rocks.