Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Craigslist ads for reservation "sales" - eight currently on So Cal Craigslist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 3 reservation in my own account just as a backup if I ended up not buying the X. My wife had a day one reservation in a separate account. I decided it would be easier to share the cars if we used the same account, so I bought the X in my wife's account. I expect she'll get the 3, the X gives her better priority, and it should be easy to switch between cars. I expect to cancel my reservation eventually unless someone in the family wants it.

All of that works up to this: Yesterday I noticed my 3 reservation had been moved to the account with the X and the wife's 3 reservation. We did have the same contact info, though different email addresses. Now it shows the X and two 3 reservations. My old account seems to have been eliminated. Kind of strange, but maybe they're cleaning up their reservation accounts, or looking for anyone who reserved more than two.

In California, at least, this would probably require paying sales tax twice. Once for the first buyer and then again for the second one....snip......
we've had a resale license for decades, though we rarely move product. Even being able to pass through the Cali sales tax, we wouldn't hope to even think of trying to make a bit of coin on a car that essentially drops $10k-$15k right after you sign on the dotted line. Likely, if you pulled out your board of equalization 'no sales tax' card, Tesla would probably say, "no sale - move on".
;)