Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranberry, PA (NW of Pittsburgh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We stayed here this past weekend and I was surprised to see that one of these stalls is a handicap spot. Seems bizarre as its not close to anything. I assume some archaic law forced them to do that, but it basically means that one of the stalls can't be used. Fortunately I never saw all the other stalls full so its not an issue currently.

Having a supercharger at a hotel seems like a bad idea though as it invites people to just park there all night. I was happy to see that nobody did that.

Yes the Township supervisor told me this was a local requirement. I don't see it being an issue, or even being enforced, or needed by handicap folks, as there are other handicap spaces much closer to the entrance. And I don't think I have ever seen these spaces get ICEd, believe it or not.

Having a supercharger at a hotel seems like a bad idea though as it invites people to just park there all night. I was happy to see that nobody did that.

Yes -- on all the long trips I've done so far, I intentionally try to spend the nights between supercharger stops and not near SC locations. For instance I did do that at Cranberry, but that hotel was a lot more expensive than others in the area, but not walking distance. So I rolled into town late, but then had to sit there and charge at the SC for an hour before going to the other hotel up the road. If I were staying at that hotel, I probably would have plugged in and left it there overnight with my cell phone number in the dash (as I usually do at longer SC stops).

So now I find it much better to find hotels along the highway roughly 1/2 way between SC stops, and then only use the SC stops for quick charging and then go. It's more likely difficult to find a good hotel within walking distance of a SC to make it convenient to stay and charge at the same location.

Yes the Township supervisor told me this was a local requirement. I don't see it being an issue, or even being enforced, or needed by handicap folks, as there are other handicap spaces much closer to the entrance. And I don't think I have ever seen these spaces get ICEd, believe it or not.

Did the township supervisor recognize the ridiculousness of it? Its one of the farthest spots from the hotel door in the whole parking lot.

I also doubt it would ever be enforced, but who knows. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable parking there.

Did the township supervisor recognize the ridiculousness of it? Its one of the farthest spots from the hotel door in the whole parking lot.

I also doubt it would ever be enforced, but who knows. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable parking there.

Did anyone mention it's not a parking area - it's a charging area? They don't require handicapped spaces at gas pumps.

Chargers are behind the Marriott residence inn. Only one here.
869461DF-248D-48AD-9BD7-AF9CF7FEDB54.jpeg
Charging nicely.

Last edited: