Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranberry, PA (NW of Pittsburgh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> Momentum will ensure that THIS Cranberry will become THE Cranberry so we all better become used to it. Wycolo yields to this juggernaut.
--

Not sure if it is still enabled or not-- but if you look at this interchange area using the historic photo layer function on the GoogleEarth program, the changes in the last 10 years are profound. Truly a "blooming" area... with a lot more to come (for better or worse... probably worse!).

Gotta love the developers' need to S P R A W L .

Hope you're right about by Valentine's Day. There's at least one @TeslaRoadTrip "Supercharged traveler" planning to drive through there on February 15th on the way to DC. They are driving in from Chicago!

That would be me - however, the SCs that are already active are within 175 mi. of each other. Assuming no driving during a winter storm, this should be no problem for my S85.

Agreed, though do bear in mind you cross the Chestnut and Laurel Ridges to get to Somerset. They aren't the Rockies, but they do introduce elevation and a temperature drop in Winter. The stretch between Donegal and Somerset exits is infamous for curvy roads and bad weather. The curves are actually from the new highway circumventing two old tunnels, I believe.

Nothing new to see here really. Just went by the SC site, these pictures are from about 30 minutes ago. There is a "New Kirk" trailer parked and ready and there are some kind of markings being made.... but no activity or signs of groundbreaking.
IMG_4123.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4125.JPG

Silly question,

Are we sure this is the real location that was selected to break ground at?

The red trailer left Somerset days ago but has not appeared... maybe they ran into an issue in the last step and backtracked to the other address they were looking at?

Peter

I have been wondering that also, since the foreman told us there were still "issues with the permitting". But the Cranberry Twp website still lists the Residence Inn site as "Opening Soon", which leads me to believe the permit was approved. Are we sure the red trailer left Somerset, or was it just moved off to the side? The smaller white Newkirk trailer is still at the Residence Inn.

No audio recorded on this, btw, just dash cam video.

This video starts at the intersection of Rt 19 and Freedom Rd in Cranberry Twp, PA. It shows the approach to the Supercharger location behind the Residence Inn where you can see the markers where the Superchargers themselves will be installed. Then we do a lap around the hotel and past the nearby Starbucks, Quaker Steak & Lube, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: