Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crashed auction car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go here

VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

and enter the VIN.

My S85 was built in early 9/14 and did not have autopilot. The VIN was 50xxx. I find it hard to believe that a car built in 11/14 would have a VIN that is 3000 less than one built in 9/14. I know they are not built in VIN order but that seems to be a large gap. I assume this car is in Australia. Is it possible that the 11/14 date is when it arrived in Australia and was built several months earlier?

When I bought my used Tesla a couple years ago I called the service center and they said they could answer questions, but not offer any information. So I said, does this have the 85 battery? Does this have autopilot? Is it still under warranty? Of course, that last one won't be an issue for you. But you can ask specifics about it, including Tech package, Etc. At the time they could answer those, but not offer any information at all. Don't know if their policy has changed.

as to having autopilot, no, I'm sure not. That started around VIN 56,XXX

2014 TESLA Model S - Pickles
This is the vehicle. I cant tell from pic but I think it's a p85. I'd there anyway to know what options it might have. Would it have fuel chargers , air suspension.
I agree that the badging and spoiler seem to indicate P85, but those can be changed so you shouldn't rely on them as definitive. Bigger issue is the poor condition - surely there must be better restoration candidates in Oz? Due to the high value of the battery, stateside there's a pretty high floor for any Tesla, so this one would sell around the floor & be parted. Again, stateside not much more would buy you a much better restoration candidate. Good luck!