Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crashed-missing last minute of video. Any suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, we were rear ended in our 6 week old M3P today. Knocked us into the car in front, so damage on both front and rear. I pulled the USB drive and when I got home, it had everything up to the last minute, but not the crash. Seems the last minute of driving didn't write to the drive. I can still activate the car, but it won't go into D or R, but the screen still works. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get the last minute of video out of the car and on to the drive. Any suggestions?

You were rear ended and right after you pull out the drive? If that's the case, that's why you lost the last min. The car record 1 minute into the local memory and then move that over to the USB drive. You pulled out the drive and that last min of video would have nowhere to go. When you have an accident, you suppose to wait 1 or 2 min and then press the dashcam icon once. It will change to a download icon and back. Once that's done, you have the last 10 min of video saved off to a different folder on the USB drive.

No, not right after the crash. It was almost 30 min later.

If you did not press the icon to save the 10 min clip and unplug it after 30 min, the minute clip of the accident should still be in the 1 hour buffer right in the middle of it. Maybe you did hit the icon and the 10 min got moved to the Saved Clip folder and you looked in the wrong area (1 hour buffer)?