Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crawley Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-10-19_9-43-8.jpeg
upload_2020-10-19_9-43-8.jpeg

Very interesting: I had used the original Crawley site several times - very helpful crew. I visited soon after the fire and spoke with one of the skeleton staff clearing up. Apparently the fire didn't involve any vehicles or batteries.
Subsequent web-news suggested a new site was in the offing near the Copthorne Hotel, which I visited, and found a building site that looked promising as a candidate - but heard nothing further.

As to the supercharger: I was told that the Crawley site was leased by Telsa, and that the owners were unprepared to allow expense or suitability of infrastructure investment for ? beefed up electricity supply.

The absence of a Tesla service facility in the Crawley area has been a gaping hole for owners in the South East; it will be warmly welcomed.

Philip

The absence of a Tesla service facility in the Crawley area has been a gaping hole for owners in the South East; it will be warmly welcomed.

My thoughts exactly. I've been having to go out to Brooklands all the time. I had good experiences there with the staff but it's nice to have this a 10 minute drive away instead of the 45+ minutes to Brooklands.

Reactions: Penfold
I took my MX in this morning for several issues from delivery, came away with a loaner MX. Glad all of the horror stories about no loaners and terrible service haven't come true.

I may have spoken too soon, 2 of 7 issues fixed. They are waiting for equipment to do scratch repair so maybe don't bring it in for that just yet. There were also issues with parts supply, but I think that will be an issue regardless of what service center you go to. Just glad it's much closer, would have been annoyed if I had to go all the way to brooklands and back repeatedly. Parts on order and will go back when they arrive.

Oh, and they cleaned and charged the car, so much better service than when buying it in the first place!

Reactions: drewpost and ben_c
Interesting. So that would appear to be here in the orange circle for the 8 stalls. I wonder how they're going to allow access to these out of hours and still secure the rest of the car park. Not that I'm complaining but it also takes a meaningful chunk of parking away. Those bays. in the front of the store are al now TWC bays so I imagine the loaners/new deliveries will be there most of the time.
Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 15.54.15.png