Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crawley Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to confirm, Service centre is open.

Superchargers are to be switched on tomorrow apparently. I will be there on Friday

Might see you there! I live in Horsham so the option of a Supercharger 15 minutes away is very welcome in case my home overnight charge ever fails. I haven't used a supercharger before so it will be good to have a go without the added stress of being miles from home and not knowing wtf to do.

Photos please?
Also what speed are you getting on the V3 chargers in KW?
no photos, but i visited this morning and got max 140. I arrived with 16%, i had driven for 45 minutes there and pre conditioned for 20 minutes before leaving. This was much lower than i expected. the chargers arent numbered so from left (1) to right (8), I was on number 5 and 6, same issue. Vehicles also on 1, 2 and 8.

If anyone visits, please make note of charging speed and stall. if its slow and the centre is open then please let them know.

no photos, but i visited this morning and got max 140. I arrived with 16%, i had driven for 45 minutes there and pre conditioned for 20 minutes before leaving. This was much lower than i expected. the chargers arent numbered so from left (1) to right (8), I was on number 5 and 6, same issue. Vehicles also on 1, 2 and 8.

If anyone visits, please make note of charging speed and stall. if its slow and the centre is open then please let them know.

Probably slow because there was no pre heating of the battery on the way over to there

Visited today, all stalls free and working. Sadly as it is not 'on the map' there was no battery pre-conditioning so charging was very slow.

Also, for those that don't know the area (I didn't) it is located at the end of a retail park, so the traffic to get there was heavy today.

Will try again when on the map and a bit quieter - until then I'm back to Heathrow for my trips down south - waiting on Gridserve getting Uckfield up and built...:)

waiting on Gridserve getting Uckfield up and built...:)
You might be waiting a while for this one. Resubmission of plans has meant a delay in consideration until the new year. I suspect this will take a while to build as well. It will also mean coming down the A22 (single carriageway) rather than M23/A23 which is minimum dual carriageway. It will be good once it arrives though

Regarding the A22 etc, my mum lives in Uckfield, so that's perfect for selfish little me...

I normally come down the M23 (hence the stop at Crawley last night) and then across via Turner's Hill.

Pease Pottage will work OK as well, probably arrive sooner than Gridserve!

Just some useful info for all those with older teslas-all superchargers are the new fast chargers so don’t fit in older model s/x there are some destination chargers there for emergency but they’re the first chargers I’ve seen that have done away with the older plugs.

Just some useful info for all those with older teslas-all superchargers are the new fast chargers so don’t fit in older model s/x there are some destination chargers there for emergency but they’re the first chargers I’ve seen that have done away with the older plugs.

upload_2021-1-31_14-56-49.png

So is this socket compatible with the latest Suerchargers?