TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Crazies on the M4!

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by firewire, Oct 20, 2018.

1. firewire

firewire Member

Some people are just out there to ruin your day! I was on my way to Windsor and this moron came out of nowhere. There were multiple times where it seemed he was going to end up killing someone or himself or both! As a side note I have now fixed my cam time as well as date!

2. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

dammit no vid - or is it so good you sold it to a tv show?

(like the M4 is special btw - you should try the A1 we've got our own lurch of loonies over here ;))

3. firewire

firewire Member

Crap!! Sorry about that folks. Just fixed it. Forgot to take it off private after editing!

4. Chills

Chills Member

Woah, this idiot needs taking off the roads. If it was me I'd pass the footage on to the police.
    I'm a fast driver, do plenty of track days but there is totally a time and a place for speed - this idiot is putting everyone's life at risk.
    You did well not to get dragged into his idiocy and accelerate as he undertook you.

5. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

• Like x 3
  6. firewire

firewire Member

Yes, I am going to send it to the police as this idiot seems to be on a kill or be killed mission. No way was I gonna take his bait and race, especially with my partner in the car with me. Funny thing is I didn't even notice this guy as I was concentrating on the drive and the road ahead as we were just enjoying our new MS 75D and it was our first trip outside London.

7. firewire

firewire Member

Report submitted along with evidence.

• Like x 3
  8. Chills

Chills Member

Well done - hopefully the police will be in touch with him soon.
    Luckily muppets like that are in the minority. Funny thing is when these boy racers come along to a track day with the tuned up cars, they're often the slowest peeps out there. Useless at racing lines with no idea at all. :D

Anyway, thanks for sharing and keep enjoying your new Tesla. :)

• Like x 1
  9. .jg.

.jg. Member

Registration number K507 FUP - according to DVLA "Vehicle details could not be found". It is therefore no surprise that the answer from the Motor Insurance Database is "NO. This vehicle is NOT showing as insured on the Motor Insurance Database today".

10. Beady3647

Beady3647 Member

Only an observation, but the car looks a lot newer that 'K' reg. Could it be KS 07 FUP which would make it early 2007 which goes with the appearance - and the 07 could indicate the IQ of the driver!

• Like x 1
  11. Tevvy

Tevvy Member

Yep - it is KS07 FUP showing as a blue golf 2.0tdi. Taxed until 31st Oct and MOT'd until 29th May 2019

• Like x 1
  12. firewire

firewire Member

Just an update. The police has asked me to remove the video as they are going to prosecute the guy.

• Like x 6
  13. Chills

Chills Member

Great news - result!

14. firewire

firewire Member

Just received an update from the police about the crazy driver. Here is an excerpt from the email I just received from the Metropolitan Police Dept.

"Court Result: £660 fine, 6 penalty points, £166 costs."

"On behalf of the Metropolitan Police Service, I would like to thank you for your assistance in this matter and for helping us to try to achieve our policing objectives of reducing the number of killed and seriously injured on London’s roads."

I highly recommend getting a car cam for both front and rear side as it can literally save you and others from idiots that think they own the roads and put others lives at risk cause they think they can get away with it.

• Like x 3
  15. GreenT

GreenT Member

Difference between UK and USA law?
    I have been in similar circumstances and have been told by police / sheriff (in Florida) that even with video, the police have to witness the perp.
    Guess the UK can do this.

16. firewire

firewire Member

That would really surprise me and maybe it's just a State law and hopefully not a federal law as the US is usually far tougher than the UK but I'm glad to see the offender brought to justice.

17. vitesse

vitesse Member

I still can't see the video?

18. firewire

firewire Member

The police asked me to remove the video as they were going to prosecute the guy. I'll check if I still have it.

19. vitesse

vitesse Member

Ah - just noticed this was from last year :D

20. vitesse

vitesse Member

And yes, I have front and rear cameras fitted to our 70D. A camera in a previous car proved more than its weight in gold

• Like x 1