Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy Garage Door - HomeLink - NOT automatic!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting a few days ago, my HomeLink started sending repeated signals to the garage door. It appears at the right GPS place, then I touch it, and the garage door starts to open, then close, then open, then close, then… eventually it stops doing this. It’s a crapshoot whether it ends up open or closed. I am forced to use a real clicker until I can get to the bottom of this or they put out a software update to fix it. MX LongRange FSD 2020 Beta stream

Hi @Bob Denny ,

I'm not sure when it started in software but there does seem to be a noticeable delay
when pressing the garage door label until the signal is sent...

It appears that it will "stack" requests so be careful.
A quick double touch will make the door operate twice...

Keep a close watch on it until we figure out what is really going on...

Shawn

Starting a few days ago, my HomeLink started sending repeated signals to the garage door. It appears at the right GPS place, then I touch it, and the garage door starts to open, then close, then open, then close, then… eventually it stops doing this. It’s a crapshoot whether it ends up open or closed. I am forced to use a real clicker until I can get to the bottom of this or they put out a software update to fix it. MX LongRange FSD 2020 Beta stream
You might try rebooting the MCU and seeing if clears up. Press both steering wheel buttons down for 5-10 seconds. Release when the screen goes blank. If that does not work you can try a full reboot. Press both steering wheel buttons down for 5-10 seconds while holding down the brake.

FWIW, I never had issues with auto open, but never enabled auto close since too many people had their door close on their car because of spurious signals.

Software version?

This seems to have resolved itself with 2021.24.3 on my car. This was one of many bugs that popped up after 12.25.7 - it would sometimes just fail to signal the garage, other times send multiple signals with one touch.