Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy question about charge port door #25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a Tesla wall connector near your parking spot? If someone nearby uses the wall connector and your car is unlocked, it could open your charge port, but it should close automatically after a bit. If that’s not it, you probably need service.

I suggest you pay attention the next time you park where the port opens and see if the problem is "you." If not you, then time for a service call.

Rich
I have been checking this. It is a good suggestion.
Is there a Tesla wall connector near your parking spot? If someone nearby uses the wall connector and your car is unlocked, it could open your charge port, but it should close automatically after a bit. If that’s not it, you probably need service.
No. I have just my dumb ole Sun Country Highway (Clipper version) SCH25P EV Charger, The closest Tesla wall charger is down the street about 800 meters at the Tesla store
When you attempt to open the charge door via the app or pressing the cable button, can you hear any noise coming from the charge door (ie, a click or noise as if the motor is trying to open the door)?
I don’t normally hear it unless I'm near the trunk. Lately, it has been mostly behaving. I think that if the Tesla app is on my phone screen when I pick it up, I may be hitting the ⚡symbol accidentally?

I have been checking this. It is a good suggestion.

No. I have just my dumb ole Sun Country Highway (Clipper version) SCH25P EV Charger, The closest Tesla wall charger is down the street about 800 meters at the Tesla store

I don’t normally hear it unless I'm near the trunk. Lately, it has been mostly behaving. I think that if the Tesla app is on my phone screen when I pick it up, I may be hitting the ⚡symbol accidentally?
Just don't hit the vent button accidentally. Then have it rain or snow overnight.