Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy Question : Can I refer myself, as a current owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to place an order for a 2nd Tesla Model X.
I'm a current owner with a few remaining referral codes available on my account (I only need one for myself so the others remain available. If you need the code - just PM me).
We use supercharging often, on extensive road trips. Supercharging (& Autopilot) is the reason I'm buying another Tesla & (IMHO) the former, remains the primary differentiating function of the brand.

The question I have is : Can I refer myself (to receive free supercharging on the 2nd Model X?) & if so, is it as simple as placing the order on the tesla website after clicking through my own referral link?

Thanks for any insights & experience you have to share.

We self referred - got the $500 credit, which we applied to the service plan/extended warranty.

And now have an extra Musk-signed HPWC...

Would rather have seen a $1000 reduction in the purchase price though...

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Thanks for the info, everyone. Order placed, referral link worked.

I can also confirm now, that the referral token for my self-referral appeared in the "loot box" of the Tesla app within a day.

Although additional referral tokens remain on my account for the supercharger credit, I don't anticipate I'll have need of the solar roof early-access token reward. If anyone is eager to obtain an early-access solar roof token you're free to use the link above when ordering your car & just let me know (& again, when it's delivered).

Thanks for the info, everyone. Order placed, referral link worked.

One more datapoint here : the award, previously only visible as a category - is now available to order in my “loot box”. Also, the referral tokens appear to be accumulating across award programs - that is to say, the number of referrals doesn’t appear to reset to zero (yet?) - although the solar roof category seems to have disappeared.

In anticipation of the full federal tax credit ($7500) order cutoff October 15, I anticipate there may be a rush on referral tokens.

If anyone’s still in need, the above link is known to contain a few valid referral tokens and you’re welcome to them (or you can PM me).

Last edited: