Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy resale price trend to continue next year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure most of you are aware of crazy resale market for Model Y now. Heard stories about flipping the MY for $10k plus.

With Hertz order for 10k Tesla's next year combined with continuing demand for Model Y's what's everyone's thoughts on resale sale prices for Model Y next year? (Hertz order I think are mainly Model 3's but I assume should be Model Y's too)

As soon as manufacturing catches up the waits will decrease and they can at least catch up with demand and this current reselling trend will dissipate. The first step is for the giga factories to get up and running. But yea the price is going up.

Reactions: voxel
With chances proposed tax rebates becoming a reality next year, wouldn't hurt to book an extra Model Y and see how the use car market by delivery date?

Lots of factors including your home market (some zipcodes pay more for Teslas) and state (no sales tax on EVs in NJ).

If California... yeah not profitable due to sales tax. Most places... it's pretty iffy. Even now I checked offers for my new MYLR and I might break even on one offer and I also paid $3K less than the current price ($3K increase in the past three weeks!). If I had purchased this MYLR from an order 6 months ago... sure I'd make an arbitrage profit due to all the price increases and demand. Currently? Not really.