Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy to place an order June 30?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m reading all these delivery horror stories and reconsidering my purchase today and instead wait a few weeks. Looking for advice though. If I place my order today (there is existing inventory of what I want) would I run a high risk of getting an unacceptable Model 3?

You also need to remember that most people don't come online to post everything went perfect and that only a very small percentage of owners are on a forum like this. While you should definitely hope for the best while preparing for the worst, I think the chances of encountering a fairly serious issue with your vehicle is pretty low.

Ultimately, as long as you come into this understanding what to expect and have your eyes open, you should be able to make an informed buying decision. Can you have issues upon delivery with the build quality? Yes. Does the service center and customer service suck? For sure. Is the car amazing? Definitely.

Just know what's acceptable to you and what isn't, then buy or don't.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I ordered from "in inventory" on 6/16, took delivery 6/30 for a 3 SR+ and couldnt be happier! Well, I wish there was an "avoid highway" mode on the navi, as I live in Rhode Island and the highway isnt always the best route for us here.

always check the waze route too, when you start your journey, if you're worried about traffic. most of the time, waze matches the tesla route. but when it doesn't, go the way waze says.