Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creak/Groan when car gets a twist.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 month old Model S Plaid. Was silent until about a week ago. Now when I go into my driveway, which I must approach at an angle while set to low ride height, I hear creaking from the back. To double check I went slowly over speed bumps and the car is definately making noises. My P100D is silent doing the same things, but it's a metal roof.

Any one else or any comments?

I hate having a glass roof. Just one more thing to worry about with no benefit to me. I'd rather have a sunroof that opens on a metal roof than an all glass roof. I have it blocked off with a shade anyway to keep the southern sun out as much as possible.

I hate having a glass roof. Just one more thing to worry about with no benefit to me. I'd rather have a sunroof that opens on a metal roof than an all glass roof. I have it blocked off with a shade anyway to keep the southern sun out as much as possible.
Sun/moonroof is even worse imo. They all mostly break or leak eventually and require routine maintenance. My next car will have a solid roof.

I highly doubt the creaking is coming from the glass roof. It is bonded to the body similar to the windshield and unlike a sunroof/moonroof/panoramic roof there are no points of movement for a creak to develop.

The rear seat in the refresh is notorious for being a source of numerous creaks and rattles. Liftgate and subframe are next most common.

I highly doubt the creaking is coming from the glass roof. It is bonded to the body similar to the windshield and unlike a sunroof/moonroof/panoramic roof there are no points of movement for a creak to develop.

The rear seat in the refresh is notorious for being a source of numerous creaks and rattles. Liftgate and subframe are next most common.

Agreed. It's just glass, it's not structural.