Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking and rattling fascia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jeeves

Feb 12, 2020
UK
I intend to get the service centre to look at this, but the recent temperature changes seem to have caused lots of noise to start coming from the fascia that I can suppress by putting a hand on various parts e.g. the display. It’s the sort of noise that you would expect from a very cheap or old car, not one costing £50k+. SWMBO’s entry-level, two-year-old Yaris is quieter than my Model 3 ATM.

Anyone have any experience with asking the SC to fix this?

I intend to get the service centre to look at this, but the recent temperature changes seem to have caused lots of noise to start coming from the fascia that I can suppress by putting a hand on various parts e.g. the display. It’s the sort of noise that you would expect from a very cheap or old car, not one costing £50k+. SWMBO’s entry-level, two-year-old Yaris is quieter than my Model 3 ATM.

Clearly you have a problem that requires attention so SC should respond. This is not a routinely reported M3 issue as far as I can see. I must say mine has remained solid throughout.

I took mine to Leeds SC last year for a strange noise coming from the back; it turned out to be the toggle on the end of the charge door emergency release cord.

Since then though the car's developed no end of other rattles, creaks and squeaks all over the place, as well as having windows that don't seal properly. I love the car overall, but really not happy at all with the build quality.