Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking fixed and back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all.

Been having a creaking noise from the front left wheel area when turning left at low speed from a full stop. It’s especially noticeable when I exit my garage which requires going up and turning left hard. Took it to the SC. Here’s what they did:

Correction: Link - Fore - Lower - Front - RH (Includes Alignment Check) (Remove & Replace)

Correction: Links - Front Suspension - Lower - Aft - LH/RH (Remove & Replace)

While they were at it, they noticed my front air coils were leaking and replaced both. They also did an alignment. The creaking was gone at first but is slowly coming back. Plus, my car now pulls to the left.

Especially since I’m out of warranty and paid several thousands for this repair, I’ll be returning to the SC of course. However, I know this is not an uncommon issue.

My questions:

- Has anyone successfully fixed this creaking problem because if no one has, I‘ll stop throwing money at the problem (and ask for a refund).
- How good is the alignment on your X? Surprised that this is something they couldn’t get right.

Thanks.

I agree with you . A car at this price should not be creaking so badly that the passengers ask what’s the matter with car . They are worried something is wrong with my steering.
I do not think the Mercedes EQS will feel as low rent as the X when deliveries start.

HELP! I am taking my 2014 Model S (single motor) in for service next week. I am not driving It in the meantime....again. This is fifth time I have had the same problem: SEVERE SWERVING on acceleration or deceleration. It starts with a slight creaking sound from the left rear on acceleration. This grows louder over a period of about three weeks, then suddenly the vehicle begins lurching to the left on acceleration and then to the right on deceleration. Each time I take the car in, the Service Writer states that they have never heard of such a thing. They do a rear suspension alignment and everything works well for maybe 10K miles. This is very dangerous. Anyone else have similar issues?

I had numerous creaks from the front suspension. Half shafts replaced for shudder. Then creaking partially fixed with the same lower fore and aft control arms as OP. Then I had the stabilizer bar links replaced. All of which kept reducing the creaking noises. Eventually they saw that an adjustable screw inside of the hood next to the hinge was actually making contact making the creaking noise when any torsion or turning or deceleration happened. They adjusted the screws and finally all the creeks were gone.

Unfortunately now I just hear creaks from other locations….

Subsequent to my posting, I mounted a GoPro so the rear wheel movement can be measure. Pretty bad.

Attachments

• Left Rear Suspension Movement.png
    Left Rear Suspension Movement.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 172