Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking from back Window Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a creaking sound from the rear window area. This only seems to happen when the exterior temp is below 30F.

I have also noticed if you put on the rear defogger the creak goes away..Any Ideas on what this could be ?

Thanks

As things get colder they shrink so it could be any number of things. I've noticed a slight noise in the front right of my windshield, glove box, passenger seat area over the last couple of days - but it's been at and below 0 F the last two days so I'm sure it'll go away when it warms up.

There is a creaking sound from the rear window area. This only seems to happen when the exterior temp is below 30F.
I have the same issue. Haven't tried the rear defroster to see if it goes away. But over any road that is not smooth as butter, and only when it is around freezing or below, I get a consistent and annoying chatter from the rear parcel shelf area. I would assume it is probably the trim vibrating against the rear glass. I have added it to my list of stuff to email to my service advisor. I never thought I would report a rattle, but it's rather annoying.

As things get colder they shrink so it could be any number of things. I've noticed a slight noise in the front right of my windshield, glove box, passenger seat area over the last couple of days - but it's been at and below 0 F the last two days so I'm sure it'll go away when it warms up.

I have the same issue from the same areas, I’m hoping when summer comes back it goes away.

I have the same issue from the same areas, I’m hoping when summer comes back it goes away.

I had this problem which has now gone away with the cold (-25). I assume it will come back with the 30 degree heat wave this weekend.
It only showed up on mine in the extreme cold the last two days, I'm assuming it'll go away tomorrow when it gets warmer.