Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking from right rear suspension...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 26k on my Y and have had a creaking coming from the right rear suspension that has been becoming more noticeable... slow speed going in and out of the garage was getting obnoxious.

I positioned the car where the creak could be produced by loading / unloading the suspension and pulled the wheel. Looking around while jacking to get a creak / squeak started to zero in on its location. I blew out the rotor cover and all of the attachment points, put a second jack on the suspension and moved it around to get a creak then put a wrench on the easy to access suspension nuts that were all good. Then, another go at getting a creak while holding this and that and the source was found from the transmitted vibration!

The control arm was the culprit (1188431-00-a). The nut was very loose... tightened it up and no more creaking :)

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 1,239
I have 26k on my Y and have had a creaking coming from the right rear suspension that has been becoming more noticeable... slow speed going in and out of the garage was getting obnoxious.

I positioned the car where the creak could be produced by loading / unloading the suspension and pulled the wheel. Looking around while jacking to get a creak / squeak started to zero in on its location. I blew out the rotor cover and all of the attachment points, put a second jack on the suspension and moved it around to get a creak then put a wrench on the easy to access suspension nuts that were all good. Then, another go at getting a creak while holding this and that and the source was found from the transmitted vibration!

The control arm was the culprit (1188431-00-a). The nut was very loose... tightened it up and no more creaking :)
Thank you