Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking Noise from car when I open the door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I'm not sure what this noise is. But I think it's the suspension re-leveling the car.

Not sure how normal it is. Not sure if it's worse when cold.

I can't see the car moving up or down when it does it though, but it could be just a little.

Anyone know what it is?

When I do manually adjust suspension it does not creak like this.

Thats the front air intake louvers moving. I've had the exact same noise on my vehicle. I mainly get it in the winter and the Service Center tells me that I've got sand/salt in there that the gears/fins are grinding against. A car wash usually helps. And warmer weather so there's not all the crap on the road.

Reactions: mswlogo
Thats the front air intake louvers moving. I've had the exact same noise on my vehicle. I mainly get it in the winter and the Service Center tells me that I've got sand/salt in there that the gears/fins are grinding against. A car wash usually helps. And warmer weather so there's not all the crap on the road.

Thanks !! I doubt I have much sand/salt in there. Only 3K miles and it's done it for as long as I can recall.

Glad it's that and not suspension. I may try to dig in there some time and see what's up when it's warmer.