Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Creaking noise when getting on or off the accelerator pedal. (Load shift back or forth)

Spikeitaudi

Aug 11, 2021
Nj
So on my MYP 2021 that I picked up on 9/9 and just got back last night for full frontal PPF I noticed a creaking noise from the back below the rear hatch. When I get on the accelerator hard of get off like it is braking you can hear the creaking getting pending how much the load is shifting back and forth. It does not creak over bumps or turning at all. I tried to see if I could identify the issue but it is all buttoned up under the car. Anybody experience a similar issue? I see a Model 3 might of had the same issue. This isn't from my car but the post on the model 3 forum had the exact noise. IMG_5409.MOV - OneDrive (live.com)

Guess it has something to do with the rear subframe. Great!

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC