Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking sound on dash behind steering wheel

rubberfish

Aug 12, 2019
London
Hi. It’s not constant and doesn’t happen everyday, but I’ve noticed an occasional creaking sound behind the steering wheel. I’ve only had the Model 3 for just under two weeks, so it could be the AC passing over/through new plastic. I’ve got the car going in in November for minor paintwork defects, so I’ll bring it up then. But anyone experiencing this?

Fraank

Jul 21, 2019
UK
I had a creak in the driver's door card, service centre clicked it into 2 clips that weren't fully engaged and problem fixed. Could be a similar cause for you.

Reactions: rubberfish

ivangr

Jul 22, 2019
dunfermline
i have a sound of plastic on plastic if i turn the steering wheel. tesla mobile
came out and made it better but it’s still not right. now it’s going to the service centre on tuesday.

you should log any issues you find.

ianto999

Sep 8, 2019
scotland
I got something at >50 mph on drive away from SC, a fast rattle, irregular. Might have been loose plastic on top of steering wheel which I pressed in a bit more - hasn't recurred so far..

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC