Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking sounds when closing liftgate, and strange buzzing sound when first starting to drive.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if you guys have heard the read liftgate make creaking noises when closed? If so, whats the cause?

And also I noticed that sometimes (not every time) I start driving Ill hear a buzzing noise, seems like its coming from front left, it lasts about 2 to 3 seconds. Sounds kind of like a motor. Its not the mirrors adjusting, this sound is loused than those little motors.

Anyone have any comments on these things?

Just curious if you guys have heard the read liftgate make creaking noises when closed? If so, whats the cause?

And also I noticed that sometimes (not every time) I start driving Ill hear a buzzing noise, seems like its coming from front left, it lasts about 2 to 3 seconds. Sounds kind of like a motor. Its not the mirrors adjusting, this sound is loused than those little motors.

Anyone have any comments on these things?

After experimenting a bit it appears that the buzzing noise is from the actuators that control the air direction. Can be triggered by moving the direction from one extreme to the other. The noise is non existent on anything higher than 5 fan speed, on 1 its pretty loud. The right side (passenger) is consistently quitet regardless of the fan speed. Another way to reproduce it is to set fan speed to 1, then turn on foot and straight at you directions and toggle the straight on you direction off and on.

Anyone else have this?

The frunk creaking, still cant tell where the noise is coming from, but logically it has to be either the rods that push it up or the hinges. The sound is there only when closing, not when opening. And it happens twice, a creek about half way down and a creek when its like 99% closed and is about to close and latch.

Is it possible the noise you first hear is the pedestrian warning sound?

Rich

Its not, my Y is before they added the speaker. Also see my post just before yours, I figured out what the noise is. Question is... is it "per spec". Since left side actuator is much louder than right side.

Looks like possibly this part number:

M3, IP, AIR VENT, ASY, DRIVER
1083320-00-F

Picture
lXEjqIu.png

Last edited: