Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking suspension 2020 Mx < 15k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

was wondering if you guys have experienced hearing this awful suspension sound when the car slows down or starts accelerating (slow or fast). The last thing I want to do is to waste my time bringing the car to a service center (90 miles away) and have them tell me it's a "normal" behavior.

The sound is incredibly loud and embarrassing for such an expensive car.

Video of creaking sound

Please let me know if anyone here has solved this issue.

Thank you

Hello all,

was wondering if you guys have experienced hearing this awful suspension sound when the car slows down or starts accelerating (slow or fast). The last thing I want to do is to waste my time bringing the car to a service center (90 miles away) and have them tell me it's a "normal" behavior.

The sound is incredibly loud and embarrassing for such an expensive car.

Video of creaking sound

Please let me know if anyone here has solved this issue.

Thank you
Hi! My MX developed a loud creaking sound from the left front suspension at about 30K miles. Tesla replaced one of the control arms, and at 55K, silence is golden. Embarrassing? Almost as bad as the piercing shriek from the front rotors when I back out of the driveway in the morning. My X shrieks, and my wife's S does not. Harrumph. Best and stay safe... J

Hi! My MX developed a loud creaking sound from the left front suspension at about 30K miles. Tesla replaced one of the control arms, and at 55K, silence is golden. Embarrassing? Almost as bad as the piercing shriek from the front rotors when I back out of the driveway in the morning. My X shrieks, and my wife's S does not. Harrumph. Best and stay safe... J
Thank you for the response. Glad to know it's not normal behavior. will contact Tesla.

I have the same issue! My 2020 MX has less than 10k miles on it. It's only coming from the front left side as far as I can tell, please update on what the service center says! I will most likely be taking mine in soon because like you said, it's so loud and embarrassing for such an impressive car.

I had creaking almost a year ago (2017 MX with 37K miles at the time) and both front upper control arm assemblies were replaced. It was good until a few weeks ago when the sound started again. This week (now 44K miles), they replaced the front left upper control arm and left aft lower front suspension link. Hopefully, this will take care of the problem.

It's a failed control arm. A known defect that they will replace at no charge. Don't allow a smarmy advisor to try to get you to pay for it, as they attempted with me. Ask that they replace both sides so that you don't have to take it in again when the other one fails.

I've had something similar twice: one at 18 months, the next at 36 months
First time it was quite severe and involved the replacement of the drive unit clevis mount and both front halfshafts, followed by a problem with the speed sensor
Second time it was the front upper control arm assemblies
Both were repaired under warranty.
In each case the degradation was gradual, with creaking/groaning sounds getting more pronounced over time. Usually at slow speeds, especially when turning.

• Helpful
Reactions: spectrum
I have the same issue on my 2020 Model X, 6K miles. Coming from front right passenger suspension. Went twice for service . First visit, replaced Right upper control arm without luck. Took back the same day after test driving. Service torqued and inspected suspension and said issue resolved. Still happening. test drove with the technician and he was able to identify that rattling is still happening.

Service is planning to replace the following part on the 29th. Crazy thing is that it starts happening at low speed only when the car has been driven for may be 20 miles. Does not happen first thing in the morning. Hope my third visit is successful. Will keep you posted

ADAPTIVE AIR SPRING MODULE, MX - FR, RH
Part #: 1027066-00-C