Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaky suspension after lowering springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed some UP mild springs a few months ago. Very happy with them. They look great and have buffered the front to rear endless resonance I would get on some sections of hwy.

However, now when I turn my wheels to the final 20% left of right before they lock I hear creaking of suspension components.

Any ideas? Guess I should run by UP and have them take a look?

Installed some UP mild springs a few months ago. Very happy with them. They look great and have buffered the front to rear endless resonance I would get on some sections of hwy.

However, now when I turn my wheels to the final 20% left of right before they lock I hear creaking of suspension components.

Noise issues for UP springs seem commonplace. Seems they are the only springs for the Model 3 that have plastic noise isolators which can shift out of place or wear out over time. No other brand I've seen use these isolators such as Eibach, H&R, or TSportline. Get under the car and check that these isolators are not worn out and that they are sitting on the coils properly as recommended in the installation instructions. UP is a great company and makes some awesome products but their springs have had lots of complaints with noise and reverse rakes.

Hi @WesC feel free to send us a DM and we will make sure we get this resolved for you!