Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cream color vegan leather absorbs stain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have one of the first vegan cream color interior for my model X. It seems that stains gets absorbed into these vegan leather. I had a model X in the past with real leather and had no issue with this. Was wondering if anybody else have the same problem. Bringing it up to test.

I tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol as recommended by the manual but the cream color comes off when I do that.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1518908191057163097305.jpg
    1518908191057163097305.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 1518908211531330290458.jpg
    1518908211531330290458.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 199
Where did Tesla call them vegan? Some youtubers did... :D

For cleaning, I used the recommendations from the manufacturers, Ultrafabric: they say to use cleaning wipes. I’ll post the link when on desktop. I used them and following, a damp paper towel.

Edit: they used to have specific recommendations and now only have water and alcohol. Wipes with alcohol are excellent for the time I’ve had a mark or two on the fabric.

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

Worked great!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Where did Tesla call them vegan? Some youtubers did... :D

For cleaning, I used the recommendations from the manufacturers, Ultrafabric: they say to use cleaning wipes. I’ll post the link when on desktop. I used them and following, a damp paper towel.

Edit: they used to have specific recommendations and now only have water and alcohol. Wipes with alcohol are excellent for the time I’ve had a mark or two on the fabric.

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

Worked great!
Thanks for the link. It seems as soon as the stains such as coffee hits the "leather" I can't get them off completely even after cleaning right away. So weird . I'll just have to wait to see what testes says.

What did the SC say?
They are replacing the middle arm rests. They are looking to see what is wrong with seats and might replace them. They said it is abnormal to have such stain absorbed. Also, the service tech and I noticed that Tesla had since remove the using of rubbing alcohol as a way to clean the seat. It is omitted now. He and I both saw it on the old manual vs the newer updated manual. For now, I was told to wait for tesla to get back to me.

Reactions: loxo