Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cream vs black and white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys

looking at a blue model x and wanted lighter color. Debating cream
Vs black and white. Any pros and cons either way. Have a silver w black model s so want
Something different for my wife’s x.

Also anyone think its worth to buy fsd at this
Pt. I have it on my s and really only use
Autopilot but now that im
Pricing the x 8k seems a lot for it. Ive also heard of subscription models coming
Out etc

Hi guys

looking at a blue model x and wanted lighter color. Debating cream
Vs black and white. Any pros and cons either way. Have a silver w black model s so want
Something different for my wife’s x.
I’d vote for the white interior. It looks great and it’s been simple to care for.

Personally, I think the blue-white combination looks the best in the showroom, but I’m a white car exterior kind of guy. This is especially true since I’m not diligent about washing my car. The white interior also makes me keep the interior much more tidy than would otherwise be the case.

Reactions: E Dizzle
Also anyone think its worth to buy fsd at this
Pt. I have it on my s and really only use
Autopilot but now that im
Pricing the x 8k seems a lot for it. Ive also heard of subscription models coming
Out etc

Obviously, I prefer the cream.
Beware of not purchasing FSD. Many features you may be used to on your silver have been buried in FSD. For example, auto-park and summon now require FSD. Read the description carefully and make sure you really don't want it.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
I have cream interior in my model x and the white interior in my model 3. The white in the model 3 really makes my heart sing and I briefly regretted not getting the white in the X. But then when I was at the service center I sat in an X with white interior in the showroom, and it just doesn’t do it for me. I am extremely happy with our cream seats in the X and that is probably what I would pick again.

The white In the model 3 did have a problem with blue jean transfer and we ended up ceramic coating the seats. Really not having that problem with the cream.

I have a Model S Performance on order, this is what it will look like. I'm thinking about ordering a decal for each rear quarter window, of Raven Darkholme, the X-Men character the S and X namesake. :)

WhiteTesla.JPG WhiteTesla2.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: kankou
Thanks guys. Very helpful. Anyone have good pics of a blue with cream. Trying to get a sense. I love the look of the white but fear they will be stained. Also i too noticed a lot of things now a part of fsd but would
Love other opinions on whether fsd is still a good deal at this time for 8k

In May, I traded in my black interior Model 3 for a Model X with white interior. So far, the white has been easier to care of than the black was. I'll caveat that by saying it hasn't been "blue jean weather" in the 3 months I've had my vehicle. And my main issue with the black interior was sunscreen and lotion transfer from arms and legs; something you don't see or notice on the white interior. Dust, etc., also doesn't show as much on the white. I may have an entirely different opinion once cooler/colder weather arrives, but for now, I'm loving the white.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
In May, I traded in my black interior Model 3 for a Model X with white interior. So far, the white has been easier to care of than the black was. I'll caveat that by saying it hasn't been "blue jean weather" in the 3 months I've had my vehicle. And my main issue with the black interior was sunscreen and lotion transfer from arms and legs; something you don't see or notice on the white interior. Dust, etc., also doesn't show as much on the white. I may have an entirely different opinion once cooler/colder weather arrives, but for now, I'm loving the white.

Agree about sunscreen transfer lol. That’s the only downside with black for me. It does come off though with baby wipes. More issues with white though: jean transfers as you mentioned, stitching turning dark with cleaning and accumulation of dust/dirt/crumbs in creases were my big issues.

My friend has blue with cream and it looks awesome.

I personally had my first MX with white seats. My current ones has black seats. Listen to this carefully, if you have ANY OCD about your cars, DO NOT get white seats.

That's funny, I'm slightly OCD and we have the white interior with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I absolutely love the white and it's easy to clean with natural baby wipes. Not too bad.

This is what our white seats look like after 36K with car been used as a daily nursery drop off car, family holiday wagon, and occasional skip runner.

50096971666_b02028a21f_k.jpg

50096970896_39a18568bc_k.jpg

50096970011_851909e44e_k.jpg

As you can see I just throw what ever into the car, never bothered covers apart from when transporting used wheels/tyres!!

Any one worried about keeping white interior clean - don't be, just have some baby wipes in the car and you're be fine :)

40497322723_6ad12a77c8_h.jpg

48706376858_de608a807d_b.jpg

This is what our white seats look like after 36K with car been used as a daily nursery drop off car, family holiday wagon, and occasional skip runner.

50096971666_b02028a21f_k.jpg

50096970896_39a18568bc_k.jpg

50096970011_851909e44e_k.jpg

As you can see I just throw what ever into the car, never bothered covers apart from when transporting used wheels/tyres!!

Any one worried about keeping white interior clean - don't be, just have some baby wipes in the car and you're be fine :)

40497322723_6ad12a77c8_h.jpg

48706376858_de608a807d_b.jpg
Wow! Looks perfect.

Reactions: X-pilot