Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creased seats in Model X after 2 weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This can't be normal, right? I've put 300 miles on the car and I weigh 110 pounds.

Attachments

• IMG_2758.JPG-1.jpeg
    IMG_2758.JPG-1.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 936
Reactions: KrenGrl and Cowby
And are you just accepting that? My plan is (was?) to be really annoying about this until they fixed it.
For me it is not a big deal, I have had other expensive cars with the same problem. I have not pushed the service center at this point, maybe at my yearly I will bring it up again. For some reason it is only the front seats that have the problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike M and Cowby
I had the same problem on my Model S. Took it into the service center. They steamed them. Everything tightened up. Problem solved. However, they are ordering me a new drivers seat. Why do this after the issue was solved? No idea but I'll discuss when I bring it in for replacement if it's necessary.

Wife is considering an X because we love my S so much I was here doing research and I can across your thread. Since our seat are identical I'd imagine the steaming process will work. I have black leather

I got mine in March and already had the creases on seats. Not sure if it got worse during last month. Last week i visited SC on my appointment who told me same thing, its normal but if i insist they can change the whole seats but he said it will happen again in one month. i thought they can fix easily with some adjustment. Will try to upload some photos

Now i ask myself if i should go ahead and replace the seats and what if this happens again in one month then is it worthwile to throw this new sets of seats for no reason?

any thoughts?

I got mine in March and already had the creases on seats. Not sure if it got worse during last month. Last week i visited SC on my appointment who told me same thing, its normal but if i insist they can change the whole seats but he said it will happen again in one month. i thought they can fix easily with some adjustment. Will try to upload some photos

Now i ask myself if i should go ahead and replace the seats and what if this happens again in one month then is it worthwile to throw this new sets of seats for no reason?

any thoughts?
They already told you it will happen again in one month...

They already told you it will happen again in one month...

They can say whatever. if u you follow them, any cosmetic issue on tesla is normal. And another statement that don't compare American cars with European car as standard of American car is lower

What i want to understand if most of the people having same issue whose car seats were in good condition when took delivery. Issue is that i had many creases already so i cant say if this would really happen but if this is the trend then i would reconsider.

if most of the people having same issue whose car seats were in good condition when took delivery.

I noticed something out of the ordinary by day 3. The driver seat leather seems to have bunched up in one section at the bottom. The passenger seat looks much like my memory at car delivery -- nothing to note. In short, I think I have the issue others are describing -- it just hasn't turned into a crease yet -- I know it will, though. I'll revisit when the X returns from Xpel.

Seat cushion photo bunching Vin 5YJXCDE22HF035xxxx copy  IMG_0990.JPG
Mine appears different. This is the driver's seat. Essentially bunching up toward one corner. First week of driving. Passenger seat looks good.
It is possible this was there upon delivery, and we overlooked it.
Any others seen this on their new X?