Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creating a semi-stealth P3D+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a white P3D+ on order. Would love to have a P3D- but seems you have to be at the right place and time to get one (if they even make any more in the future). Was thinking I could stealthify my P3D+.

Had a hellcat challenger and despite the muted color (silver), it seems it drew every idiot out of the woodwork desperately trying to to get me to race them (I wouldn't but it was almost dangerous at times the stupid crap they would do).

Here's what I'd like to do:
1. de-badge "dual motor" and the performance "underline"

2. Tsportline 18" wheels:
Tesla Model 3 18

3. Remove the carbon fiber rear spoiler? Is it adhered with just double-sided tape? Not sure if this would damage the paint trying to take it off. Does Tesla install this at the dealership during PDI - perhaps I could tell them to leave it off?

4. Change brake caliper color (from red to gray or black) - not sure about this one. Probably have to powder coat them. Would be nice if there was a direct swap from another Brembo part with a different color.

Have a white P3D+ on order. Would love to have a P3D- but seems you have to be at the right place and time to get one (if they even make any more in the future). Was thinking I could stealthify my P3D+.

Had a hellcat challenger and despite the muted color (silver), it seems it drew every idiot out of the woodwork desperately trying to to get me to race them (I wouldn't but it was almost dangerous at times the stupid crap they would do).

Here's what I'd like to do:
1. de-badge "dual motor" and the performance "underline"

2. Tsportline 18" wheels:
Tesla Model 3 18

3. Remove the carbon fiber rear spoiler? Is it adhered with just double-sided tape? Not sure if this would damage the paint trying to take it off. Does Tesla install this at the dealership during PDI - perhaps I could tell them to leave it off?

4. Change brake caliper color (from red to gray or black) - not sure about this one. Probably have to powder coat them. Would be nice if there was a direct swap from another Brembo part with a different color.
Did you test drive both yet? If not I would test drive both and tell us if the performance is what you really want.. but then again if you can afford it then go for it

I can sympathize with OP's premise in general.
But let me tell you this: I've been driving for several months in the heart of the muscle car country with a plate that could entice others to try to race me, and not a single one did. My current wheels, however, do look like OEM 18"s tho (and I took of the badges on day one), but I doubt anybody but Tesla owners knows about OEM/non-OEM look.

Another option is a caliper wrap. I do want to do it, but the 3M product is junk, while a good one by Vivid has been out of stock for months.

I can sympathize with OP's premise in general.
But let me tell you this: I've been driving for several months in the heart of the muscle car country with a plate that could entice others to try to race me, and not a single one did. My current wheels, however, do look like OEM 18"s tho (and I took of the badges on day one), but I doubt anybody but Tesla owners knows about OEM/non-OEM look.

I've had a red P3D+ for 6 months now and only had one crappy car try to race me.

A Hellcat Challenger looks like it's about to eat the first born child of anyone who approaches. The Model 3 looks like a Pixar cartoon. I think that helps.
Ah, I may be overthinking this. Maybe I'll just do the de-bagdge and the 18s which I would do anyway. Thanks all!

Congrats on your White P3D+ !!

My front and rear "T" emblem badges were removed when the PPF was installed and I never put them back on. Mine was a Nov 2018 build, so the car didn't come with the rear spoiler and Dual Motor badge. I do have the spoiler and Dual Motor badge now, but they are sitting in our spare bedroom as I opted not to have them installed. Other than the red calipers, the car looks pretty generic and people don't even give it a second look....

I'm also getting 18" wheels for an upcoming road trip.

Thanks! I'm surprised it doesn't garner much attention given the numerous articles/videos of Teslas laying waste to certain muscle cars/etc. Plus there seems to be some deep-seated anger against any eco-friendly cars from the muscle car / turbo diesel truck crowd who seem to feel the need to dominate them on the road (diesel trucks coal-rolling Priuses for example). Given that the Tesla is actually fast, I would think this would anger them even further. But I'm glad that's not the case. Maybe they just don't want to take a chance of getting beaten by an EV.