Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creating a warning label not to slam the frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lack of a locking glove box is annoying; but given there isn't a physical/mechanical key that is found in other "keyless" ignition vehicles, not sure how Tesla could effectively do that without some HW/SW coordination.

To stay on topic, from painful experience watching son attempt to close the frunk one day (he misremembered the process he'd previously demonstrated mastery of), at least failed attempts by 10yo kids don't do much damage other than to their parent's hypertension. He was trying to slam it down to close it in one swell foop, but it seems that no matter how hard you mash it down initially, only the first latch engages.

Related topic, if you happen to load the frunk with solid enough material that is just the wrong height (such that it stops the frunk lid at a point somewhere between where the first and second latch operate), after you realize you can't mash it down to make the 2nd latch catch, you have to operate the frunk open button with one hand while applying enough pressure to the frunk lid to allow the first latch to release. Not to say that I've done this more than once or twice or... :rolleyes:

Related topic, if you happen to load the frunk with solid enough material that is just the wrong height (such that it stops the frunk lid at a point somewhere between where the first and second latch operate), after you realize you can't mash it down to make the 2nd latch catch, you have to operate the frunk open button with one hand while applying enough pressure to the frunk lid to allow the first latch to release. Not to say that I've done this more than once or twice or... :rolleyes:

Yuck, this reminds me that eons ago, I actually made a nice dent from the inside in my Miata's trunk. ;-( I promise to treat the Model S better, I promise to treat the Model S better, I promise to treat the Model S better. . . . :scared: